Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cows again

 So the first thing was to check my layout. Which I did. Carefully. And then sewed it wrong, so it ended up as the mirror image. Never mind, I think it looks ok.

I added sashing at the side and top of two from the middle and bottom rows, and just to the side of two from the top row, and to the top of the remaining blocks in the middle and bottom  row.  Then joined up in the rows and lastly connected the threee rows. A border followed.

pinning the layers

finished quilt
This house block from the skill builderby Leila really centre detail                                           makes this quilt a little bit special. I can sort of feel a quilt full of houses coming along.... 


I took the quilt along and gave it to my dear friend, who loves cows, and loves chickens, and I think she was very pleased with it. I forgot to take a picture of the label, but it is labelled on the back, specially for her!





    
I have to tell you, also, that Lynne from Lily's quilts is doing a series on Gifts for quilters, and she is doing an accompanying giveaway, with some lovely coloured circle fabric. It cannot do any harm to have a look...

The other interesting join in thing is fluffy sheep, doing a free motion quilting remote workshop. The idea is that we do a little bit every week, and so become capable and confident. I am hoping to give it a go, thoufgh I may well start off by being behind! Procrastination rules!

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Looks great!

Krista Schneider said...

omigosh i LOVE the house block! I so need to try one of those. Maybe make a mini quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts