Wednesday 20 April 2016

A challenge completed

Well, it was this month's challenge.. and last month's and I think also the challenge at various previous months... But it is done!

 The fabric was bought in Goldhawk Road, down near Shepherd's Bush, last year, with the assistance of my lovely son, and his young lady, and has been waiting patiently for me to deal with ever since. But now, it is ready for wearing.I am rather happy with the end result, though I have not finished the neck as well as I ought, but hey, who is to inspect it there? Get those paws off!

And I did self covered buttons, just because!


And I have still some T shirts awaiting the making... so I needed some more stretch interfacing, and went off to Abakhan for it. What I got was not quite what I ahd had previously, but I trust it will do. 

 It certainly looks stretchy enough.


and, as sometimes happens, while I was there a couple of other fabrics just sort of fell into my hand....












No, I am not sure what I plan for them just yet, either, but this is what came home with me...

All seemed to have that mystery something that meant they were not supposed to stay in the shop...

Not safe to be let loose some of us...


I am also the proud possessor of a new wee toy..
 Yes, a one of these..  My youngest gave it to me, and I still need to give it a go. I have a sort of idea in my mind as to what I shall use it for in the first playing... watch this space!

but do not hold your breath, I have some distance learning to do for work, which has to come first...

2 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love that top! Hope your distance learning goes well and doesn't take up too much of your sewing time!

P.S. Thanks for including a photo of the box from your new toy - I had no idea what it was!

Malu said...

Hi Rachel,
I also have that circle stitcher and I like it a lot. If you plan to quilt circles it is great. Please try it.
Greetings from Bonn,
Martina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts